Broadband Compare checks the New Zealand Broadband Map to give you up to the minute information on the best connection type that is available at your property.
No matter what your internet requirements, UFB or Ultrafast Fibre Broadband should certainly be considered if you can get it at your property. It IS the future of communication in New Zealand and the government has invested billions of dollars in making us better connected. It future proofs your property, increases property value and resell value and is particularly worth considering if you fall into any of the following criteria:
1. Have a large family or shared house which often has several people using the internet at the same time.
2. Have lots of connected devices. These could be laptops, tablets, mobiles or smart phones, consoles, smart TV’s etc
3. Regularly download movies, music or TV to watch offline or save
4. Use film or TV streaming sites like Netflix, Neon, Lightbox or SKY GO
5. Watch online streaming services in high-definition (HD)
6. Download and play video games that require an internet connection for gameplay
7. You currently have ADSL or VDSL broadband, and find that you are having problems or speed issues meaning that it just isn't fast enough for your needs
If a one or more of the above apply to you, then you should definitely look at switching to a new fibre broadband plan. The higher the download speed in the fibre broadband plan, the smoother these activities are likely to be.
However, if you live by yourself or in a couple who use the same device or watch the same shows, or you just use the internet for light web-browsing (news sites, TradeMe etc), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and email, for example, it may be worth considering cheaper broadband plans.
Either way, make sure that you use Broadband Compare to do your homework before you make a decision in order to help you to weigh up your options before signing up to get a good idea of what you need and then compare broadband deals to find the perfect balance between speed and affordability.
Terms & Conditions of "Win FREE broadband for 12 months with MyRepublic " :
- New customers that sign up will go into the drawer to ‘Win FREE broadband for 12 months’. All current MyRepublic plans are eligible including VDSL, Fibre 100/200, Fibre Pro and Gamer. Monthly bundled router plans are included.
- The Win FREE broadband for 12 months promotional offer is only available in selected areas to new MyRepublic residential customers who sign up to an eligible MyRepublic plan on a 12-month term between 1st February 2019 – 31st March 2019. The connection may be activated after this date.
- This offer is valid only on the plan or bundle that is activated with MyRepublic. Customers who take the optional Home Phone will still need to pay for any minutes used over those included with the plan.
- MyRepublic employees (or their families) are ineligible to participate in the Offer.
- These Promotional Terms and Conditions apply in addition to MyRepublic’s General Terms & Conditions and Residential Broadband Terms & Conditions.
Plans Terms and Conditions:
This promotional offer ("Offer") is only available to new MyRepublic residential customers who subscribe to and activate a new MyRepublic Fibre 100 / Fibrev200 Plan on a 12-month term between: 11/01/2019 - 31/03/2018 (“Offer Period”)
The eligible plans for the Offer are:
Fibre 100 / Fibre 200 (Fibre 200 Enable Fibre only) * Promo - on a
12-month contract + $14.95 postage and handling if an included router is selected.
1. Offer Details
The Offer inclusions are based on the selected Eligible Plan, as set out in the following table:
New customers who subscribe to other MyRepublic plans and/or upgrade to another type of router will not be eligible for the Offer.
New Customers: A new customer is defined as any individual who is not an existing registered MyRepublic residential broadband customer at the time of subscribing to their selected Eligible Plan.
Fibre 200 Promo: Available only in Christchurch (Enable UFB area)
MyRepublic terms: These Promotional Terms and Conditions apply in addition to MyRepublic’s General Terms & Conditions and Residential Broadband Terms & Conditions, and the Local Fibre Company (LFC) End User Terms
Promoter: The promoter is MyRepublic Limited.
SIX MONTHS HALF PRICE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION*, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Slingshot. Free standard install. Offer for new residenti...
Terms and Conditions apply
SIX MONTHS HALF PRICE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION*, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Slingshot. Free standard install. Offer for new residential customers only. Service not available everywhere. 12 month contract and $250 early termination fee applies. Not valid with any other offers. *If you are installing a new broadband connection or moving into a new address (move house) at the time of sign-up, a $52 installation fee will apply
THREE MONTHS FREE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Orcon. Free standard fibre install. Offer for new residential
Terms and Conditions apply
THREE MONTHS FREE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Orcon. Free standard fibre install. Offer for new residential fibre customers only. Service not available everywhere. 12-month contract and $250 early termination fee applies. Not valid with any other offers. Landline at additional $5/mth.