First of all, you need to understand that there is no one THE CHEAPEST plan for everyone. There is no clear winner as this varies according to the user and their requirements. This means the cheapest plan available wouldn't always match your needs. For example, if you are a keen online gamer you need high download and upload speeds and unlimited data. Your mum or any other relative might only use the internet for social media and checking email so they require a completely different plan and would agree on a much slower option.
The second reason why there is no one cheapest plan for all is that the available options vary from one address to another. Some rural addresses can't get anything apart from rural wireless, RBI connection or Sattelite. At the same time, most urban addresses are eligible to get VDSL or even Ultra Fast Fibre connection with a speed up to 1Gbs.
Also, most of the providers constantly updating their plans trying to match the increasing market demand and customer expectations. Broadband Compare collates information from NZ broadband and Internet companies on a regular basis but some broadband plans may no longer be available or price might be slightly different. We endeavour to keep the Broadband Compare comparison data as up to date as possible to help you to get the cheapest unlimited broadband NZ.
1. Identify what are you looking for. Do you need a great broadband speed? Do you need a new router? Should it be on a contract basis or one of these modern open-term ones? All these questions need to be answered before you've started your journey
2. Check what type of connection is available at your property. You can do it for free by using our address checker.
3. Read reviews about providers. Real feedback from customers gives you the opportunity to understand anything great or not so great that they may have experienced. That is always a good idea to learn from others.
4. Compare prices on similar options. Sounds too simple but most of the time there is a cheaper option from a competitor. That is why Broadband Compare exists. We collect and compare more than 1000 different plans and options from 127 different providers.
5. Ask for help. That's not a brainer - if you have a question just ask our representative in a chat or via email. We are happy to help
So, that's all for now. If you feel like ready to start your broadband comparison journey just click the button below. See ya!
Get THREE MONTHS FREE Unlimited Broadband plus FREE rental Google Nest Wifi router (one-off $14.95 delivery charge applies). Also, bundle your broadband and power and get 10% bundle discount on both s...
Terms and Conditions apply
Family filter / BYO Router